After the Google Panda 4.0 Update, there has been a scarce. People, due to penalty were loosing their interest in blogging or so. That’s why, I’ve an idea of reveling some – Alexa Ranking Secret, that I’ve found in coarse of time which helped me to rank 31,000 in just 56 days.
Alexa, is a ranking scale which is traditionally believed that it calculates the average 3 month traffic of a particular site, and accordingly it rank a website. As per to Alexa, it is a web information company, of Amazon – leading online retailer.
On basis of million of sites, it gets updated daily. The lower the rank, the better it is. There’s a common believe in bloggers that Alexa helps to rank higher. But, on basis of my experiments, I’ve found not so.
Alexa plays a major role in getting advertisers as because, advertisers usually determine a popularity of website through it. So, according to me it’s important to keep in majority.
Is Alexa part of SEO?
So, before I start with the article. I’d rather prefer demonstration you at the beginning itself, “Is Alexa Part of SEO“? Simple answer – NO. Why? as because:
- It is not niche specific.
- It’s not based on the total visits, rather – How many people visiting with Alexa Toolbar Installed.
- It doesn’t differentiate between you and the visitor who is visiting the site.
- It’s data is inaccurate, and only based on total no. of visitor with alexa toolbar installed.
Unlike being free, it provide uncut edge free advice, which we can take in consideration. Like –
- Alexa helps you determining the popular keyword that is been searched.
- It helps you to measure the up-stream visits i.e. from where the visitors coming from.
- It helps you to find the related sites i.e. your competitors in SERP.
- It helps you to find the real audiences through Audience Demographics.
But, as I’ve already said – It’s inaccurate.
Is Alexa a Rocket Science?
People do usually ask me through mails, comments – how I rank all my sites so quickly? Well, let me tell you – Alexa isn’t a rocket science, and you don’t require to go on repent for your ranking. The only key to success is – Solid Foundation of Great Articles.
For instance, Let’s take an example, suppose you’r having 1000 quality articles in your site and each of them get 1 visitors a day. Yes, I mean it. Then perhaps, you’d actually get 1000 visitors easily. Isn’t it? And on further effective promotion, you may receive even 10x traffic than that of usual. The simple fact is – Don’t care of Alexa, simply go on blog. Serve your readers, the best.
Write, keep writing, and go on writing – that’s the way to succeed.
When Does Alexa Matter?
Although, those that of the inaccurate details – it’s important.
- Advertisers take in consideration to examine the potential of your site. Being the most popular and widely use metrics, Alexa ranking impacts a website’s trust and attract more advertisers. The lower your rank, the better it is. However, if you’r not willing to sell ads space in your site, then it doesn’t matter.
- In case if you want to sell your site, then Alexa plays a major role in getting high no. of bids. However, if you’r doing a business for passive income then Alexa is important for you, yet Google Analytics and Adsense are the 2 thing that is been taken as because the higher the visitors and earning, the better amount it can be sold in.
- Site’s authority and trust, the main thing. And in case if you’r having a good Alexa Rank, then you might be now floating in air as because it’s helping you to gain more trust. Now-a-days, people are calculating ranking through Alexa so it’s important. And to be frank, who don’t like to show-off, isn’t it?
How To Improve Alexa Ranking
1. Write Quality Articles: Whether it is SEO, Blogging, Making Money Online, or even Alexa – Writing quality articles is important, I mean very important. Solid Foundation, as I’ve said is essential if you want to rank higher in Alexa and even Google.
The higher you rank, the higher traffic you get, the higher traffic you get, the higher you rank. So, there’s a circle of everything which starts only through articles. Don’t worry, writing quality articles isn’t a big deal. Just not for my sake, nor even yours – write articles only for your readers. Not to impress Google or Alexa either. Whatever you write, write from your heart.
A quality article is one which inspires other, it’s something that motivate others, it’s something that make a person feel happy from their desire. And it’s an article, which build your authority.
2. Never Copy Others: An old school fact, which is yet young and useful. Remember, it’s no more 1999, where marketers spin articles and directly hit to the top of Google, unlike now due to Panda 4.0 and other algorithms like Hummingbird, it’s a nightmare for those who’r practicing such techniques.
In one word, it’s something that would directly help you to get your site kicked-off from search engine i.e. Google. So better not to opt for such unethical strategies to rank a website higher in Google or anywhere. Be genuine, write for your readers.
3. Social Media Signals: If you’r aware of SEO, then you might have noticed that Social Media plays an important role in it. Not might be directly, but indirectly – Yes. Whenever you are promoting an article – which is great and valuable – then an other person will notice it, after that if he/she finds that article to be good enough, then that person will share it to his/her circle. Like that a reciprocal will form, leading to higher expose and traffic which would help you to rank easily.
Usually, I’m much concentrating in Google+, along with Twitter as because (an inside secret), Google+ is Google’s very own social networking site through which it collect information and rank accordingly like Google Authorship which helps you improve your CTR (Click Through Rate) tremendously.
Also Matt Cutts, the Spam Team Head of Google, announced that Google too fetches information from Twitter in determining a website’s popularity through the number of tweets a page have. Also, you may opt for Facebook which is undoubtedly great, but unfortunately there’s no relationship between Google and Facebook in SEO. However in order to have a significant growth in traffic, you may promote your articles in Facebook Groups, etc.
In conclusion I’d say….
Don’t be depended upon anyone in order to rank, nor even Alexa. You’r the one to make your own destiny and you’ve the full right to choose your path. Just to revise, I’d say once again – Always blog for your readers, write quality articles, join social media in order to have significant growth in traffic, never copy others, and last but not the least – Forget about those old myth about Alexa!
Have I missed any important point? Surely, I’ve. Let me know what is it – from you. Comment below