Google launches Mobile Friendly Update, the biggest Google algorithmic update ever.
A delightful day, turned into the most dreadful one for the marketers and bloggers, since when Google launched it’s first Panda Algorithm on 11th Feb, 2011, we can well term it as a nightmare.
To begin with Google Panda Algorithm, it is a long term change which involves several updates that is being launched under the supervise of Matt Cutts, Head of Google Web Spam Team, which has started back in February, 2011, and unfortunately no one ain’t predicted when it will be finished. The major target are those that of the spammy sites along with links are being figured and smashed out.
In short, it focuses on improving on-page optimization of a site to give the best experience for both Google and your site readers, yet Over Optimization can led to Google Penalization.
Panda 4.0 Algorithm
Being good for some, have been evil to some sites who’s publishing low quality articles for ranking purposes. It’s well known that Google Panda is quite new, but it doesn’t mean that everybody have figured it out. Unlike what SEO’s say, it is quite hard to figure it out that you have been penalized by Google or not, and what you can do about it.
Matt Cutts announced about rolling of Panda 4.0 today, which as mentioned is Google’s very own Algorithm.
Google is rolling out our Panda 4.0 update starting today.
— Matt Cutts (@mattcutts) May 20, 2014
But, is it a big update? Doesn’t seem so.
Search Engine Land terming it to be a soft and gentle update where Google is refreshing their data’s to adapt some new changes in their algorithms. It is believed that this update is going to impact 7.5% English Queries.
Panda 4.0 Survival Tips:
Although it is quite and calm update, where it is believed that you ain’t going to get a huge penalty, if you are publishing low-quality contents, as because it’s just a data refresh. However, it is better to take remedies for this disease.
From past few days, I do have found an improvement in my search queries, and too have ranked over some competitive keywords which is more or less impressive. I wasn’t actually aware of – Google Panda 4.0, but when I go through Matt Cutts update, I got the answer.
Some features of Panda Algorithm:
1. Google Panda, penalize and down overall ranking of the low quality site.
2. Till yet, only few have been successfully recovered from this algorithm.
3. On-Page Optimization is essential factor.
4. Being specific to the contents is important, rather than generic terms.
5. Google+ is an important part and Social bookmarking works great too.
#1- Write Quality Articles:
Old school fact “Quality is the king”, and yes, it actually work. The more you write, the better it is. Google taking it as a majority, content plays an important role in which they can easily determine the difference between an authority and a bad site.
A quality article comprises of valuable details, which make a sense and isn’t something crap to read. It is an article which solves the problem of the reader who is reading it, it is an article which inspire someone, and it is the one which – Inspires other.
Don’t just write to rank, perhaps write to inspire. Write to learn, write to tell.
Let Matt Cutts praise you, as because you are a leader to those thousand of readers. Write something valuable, and you can rank higher in Google easily.
There’s a difference between a Top 10 and a How-to guide. Suppose, if I’d written an article of – “5 Tips to Survive Google Algorithms”, then I’d just write those 5, nothing else. Which marks an end to the topic when the five points are over. At the same time “How To Recover from Google Panda 4.0”, is something which can help your readers to know more and more about it.
Writing a Quality Article – Summary:
1. Write longer articles – Maintaining the quality of it.
2. Write to inspire – Have a unique style.
3. Write to solve queries – The reader must say, Yes, this article is good.
#1.1 – Target Your Readers
If you are yet confused, on the earth, whom you are serving – then it’s actually not good.
If you truly want to lay an impact into this blog-o-sphere, then the first mission you need to complete is – Finding the correct audiences for your blog.
1) For instance, you are a cook of a big restaurant. Among the people, almost 30% are returning customer and 70% are new to it. So, the first mission of yours (as a cook), is giving them the best taste what they like and perhaps they will be impressed with it, and will return back.
2) Let’s continue with a cook (as an example), a person is telling you to make a great recipe which he’d like. But, you aren’t aware the person is vegetarian or non-vegetarian, and mistakenly you haven’t yet asked what is he. Then you served him tasty, spicy – non-veg food, and later you came to know that he’s vegetarian. What will be his and your reaction?
First and foremost, you do have a loss, and secondly you got your customer angry. Nothing else.
The second example, that I have given is totally similarly to your blog. You are going on contributing articles on your blog which are based on Blogging and SEO. Then I’m quite sure your readers aren’t much interested in cricket and perhaps, you just do a big mistake by promoting much about cricket, rather than blogging.
Solution – If you are new to blogging, go with a specific niche not multi-niche to be more specific to your readers.
#1.2 Connect With Them Emotionally
Ever thought, how some story tellers just go beyond your thoughts and take you into their world?
It’s marvelous, and those who mastered in this art, rules.
Blogging isn’t just about being formal, which creep you into while writing. The simple solution is – Write informally. Write in such a way your readers can understand what the point you are talking about. If you actually want to be THE NEXT – and you can’t afford telling stories, then I’m afraid, you can’t.
Have a style, I mean a unique one, from which you can understand where and when you do require to divide the story and the subject you are talking about. Challenge your readers, i.e. you can opt for – Let’s see who wins, can play a great role in engaging them.
The way to gain sovereignty, is writing in such a way you can connect to your reader’s heart and mind. Know them, solve their questions through your writing, have a unique style. And yet, it can work like a charm.
Remove Low Quality Contents:
You might have known the mistake you are doing, but wait.
Have you remove those that of the low quality contents which you have written earlier?
If no, you are making a big mistake. Google is taking low quality contents very seriously and perhaps the best way to solve this is – work on those article which you have written earlier, or else you can at-least work on the length of it. Try extending it with several more points and information which’d help you interlinking the old articles with new one.
If you have been penalized by Google Panda 4.0, then I’d recommend you highly to adapt the new seo changes to rank you higher in search engines and make changes on your old content frequently to enhance your performance.
Have a close watch through Google Analytics, and do check which articles’r having more than 80% Bounce Rate, work more and more on them, and try to lower it.
Other Factors To Keep in Mind:
Well, I do have laid few of the things that need to be considered essential part in recovering your blog from Panda 4.0, however there are several other factors to know and apply, and they are:
1. Remove all the copied contents: Until and unless you remove the low-quality and copied contents from your blog, the possibility of getting your blog recovered won’t be completed. So, find and destroy all the deleted contents. You can later on use URL canonicalization to redirect your links for bots. Also, use robot.txt file to stop the bots to index unnecessary contents from your blog.
2. Learn SEO Optimization: Your future will be unpredictable if you don’t learn SEO. Search Engine Optimization, SEO in short, is a good practice to improve your SERP visibility and enhance your ranking. Comprised of two part, On-Page, which consists of Keyword optimization, Contents, Meta tags, Robot.txt, .htaccess, plugin configuration (if WordPress hosting), etc. and Off-page, which consists of – Backlinks, Social Media Shares, Social Bookmarking, etc.
3. Use SEO Friendly Theme: Apply a theme, which is reliable, less fancy, clean, optimized, fast, and easy to navigate. If you are on WordPress, then you may opt for either Genesis or Thesis, or you can even hire a guy to design a custom theme for you. Don’t forget to take in consideration of it’s loading speed, compress the scripts, etc.
4. Social Media Promotion: If you’r willing to spread your contents everywhere then Social Media comes at the first. Target mostly on Google+ as because it’s own by Google itself, and taking in majority of social signals it is believed that Social Media plays an important role in ranking as well as in recovering your site.
5. Build Backlinks, but don’t spam: Traditionally, backlinks provide an important role in ranking. It can be also used as a powerful weapon to led into the battle between you and Google. Build links from authority sites, social bookmarking, forums, profiles and I’m confident that you can rank higher in search engines.
And the fact is…
Google Algorithms, say Panda 4.0, is just a set of rules that Google programmed to kick-off the websites who are using it in sake of building massive links and rank. But, on the other hand, you can take full advantages of it by following those rule as because Google doesn’t manually update it’s algorithm but an automatic program which frequently changes.
You can either have a rank boost or even a drop. Remember “Life is like a roller coaster, there’s up and downs, but it is only you who might have courage to ride it or not”, similarly have courage and faith in yourself, and be the change.
Also- You can hire me for SEO Coaching, or personally review your site and recover it or even implement the most Advance SEO Techniques to Enhance your Blog Performance in SERP. Read more about it (Click here).
Let us know, if you are one of the victim of Google Panda 4.0 Algorithm. What steps you took to improve and recover your blog? Comment below, I’d love to hear from you.