Apart from contents there are many other factors that Google use in other to rank a blog. In order to optimize your blog
what you need is a strategy. Well, let me ask you some simple questions over here:
1. Are you giving your best efforts in your blog?
2. Are you blogging for your readers and not for search engines?
3. Are you writing contents genuinely?
Well, if the answers are YES, then hooray. You are just prepared to Take your blog to the next level. But wait, did I went too fast? Oops! I just missed a point to ask.
Are you having any plan for your blog? Have you ever tried to ask yourself that “am I having any plans for my blog for surviving in blogging for next 5 or more years?”. As you might know that most of the bloggers just end their journey after 2-3 months yet some stay even for 6 months but after that. NO MORE.
Just vanished. No impression nothing. When you/I may ask what happened. The same answer “I am not getting time to update my blog” or “I am not getting much ideas to write on”. Yes, it’s obvious that blogging is a long term game where you need more and more ideas refreshing in your mind so that you may be able to write always. I am not telling that I have always an brain storming ideas in my head. But still, I am surviving.
How To Get Brainstorming Ideas?
When it comes to optimize your blog, the first and the foremost thing which you might be thinking that “How to get fresh ideas daily” well isn’t it? So what are the tactics to find some great and brain storming ideas for your blog?
1. Spy Your Competitors:
Spying on the competitors is really a great idea to find new ideas
to write on. You can only choose the blogs which are related to your niche (i.e: blogging) and most important, check the blogs which you like to read may be daily, weekly or monthly. Check those blogs for new ideas.
2. Need Help? Just Google It: Google is the world’s largest and most popular search engine throughout the world. A fascinating thing that really shocked me that Google approx serves around 2,000,000 searches per 2 seconds. Yes, you saw right. It’s 2 seconds. So you may be thinking that what is it.
Well, the best idea is to Google the thing you need. Look for a keyword for which you are interested in writing. Type that and wait for 1 second, Google will automatically give some long tail keyword suggestion according to which you can write.
3. Write Reviews: You might have seen some blogs reviewing products in their website. But have you wondered why they do? answers are many. Whenever you are not getting any idea by performing any thing then you could choose this point.
Writing reviews not only gives you less efforts but also help you to earn some bulks of dollar. Well, you can either write a review for free else you can contact the company whom you want to review and smartly ask for some fees. It may be $50, $100, anything. Some Pro Bloggers even earn up-to $1,000 per review.
4. Interview Someone in your blog:
Interviewing other bloggers not only helps to be more friendly among each other but also helps you to drive quality and targeted traffic
. Know any person who have an interesting story to share with? who usually get expose and speaks rarely in the public, then don’t miss the golden opportunity. Just straightly go to them/forward a message for an interview.
5. Post Infographics: Infographics are one of the most trended fashion in the blogging world. Know why? Because it helps to visualize the content by showing complicated data and information in an image. No worries, if you aren’t a graphic designer then you can hire anyone.
6. Write About Some Case Study:
Case study are a collection of information which is written in order to give the readers an experience of your own journey with that particular thing you have faced. You may write about how you started blogging, how you faced the Google algorithms
7. Share your income/traffic reports:
Well, do you have a great income to impress your readers
with? Then you can just share those. Though it’s offensive to share but who don’t want to look that how much one earns. Although if you don’t have much income then you could share your traffic report through a post.
8. Create a list of something: People are quite lazy to check and discover something more and something interesting. Well, you can write some articles like TOP 10, TOP 5, etc. You may also write about some 101 points of something.
9. Publish about the most active user in your blog: Are you using any kind of commenting system in your blog/site? Like Disqus, CommentLuv, or any default commenting system? then you can reward your most active user in a separate post and they would be really happy too.
10. Ask people to Guest Post: Here comes the brilliant fact which I was waiting to share. Yes, it’s guest posting, the ideal way to make your blog Super Active. It’s like win-win situation to deal with. They post content to make their brand whereas you can be free.
How To Drive Traffic?
Now that I have told you some Top 10 secrets to great some brain storming ideas to write upon. Now let us learn about how to drive traffic to your blog. It’s really necessary to optimize your blog. So what’s next?
1. Write Quality Posts: The first and the most important. A blog which have quality articles can only survive in the blogging world. So write more and more contents for your blog to win over the game. Quality articles not only help you to win but also helps to make you be called a Successful Blogger.
2. Blog Commenting: The best and most viral technique to drive quality targeted traffic. Although you may have tried several times but not got approved. Do you know why? because those have no value. Give respect to the author by giving at-least thanks. Add value to your comment and smartly leave your website link over there.
3. Participate in various forums: Participating I mean joining forms is a great way to drive a lot of traffic. Join the forums which is related to your blog niche so that peoples are interested to check your link. Not that you simply leave a link over there and no one see it.
4. Write a 101 list: Writing an 101 list of something makes it look attractive. Know why? because it gives the readers a reason to check as they would think it would be really helpful to them. It would not only drive traffic but also help you to decrease your page bounce rate.
5. Ping the search engines: Must think, but not always. Make sure to ping your blog to the search engines after every 3-4 days. So that they might be notified that a change has occurred in your blog.
6. Start a contest: Who don’t want to get Paid stuffs for Free? Do you? Yes it is. If you have something that is rare and you think it’s really great then you could start a contest of it. It would spread tremendously through out the world. else, if you have any cash in your hand you can give it away too ;).
7. Advertise your blog: Will charge you a little but helps to get a lot of targeted traffic for your blog. Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, are famous one.
8. Submit your blog posts in article directory: Want viral amount of traffic to your blog? then you could easily submit your blog in the article directories. It’s easy.
9. Make Youtube Tutorials: Back in 2010, I was active in Youtube. It’s 4 years from now but still I receive heavy amount of traffic to my blog from Youtube. It’s really great. You must try it once.
10. Promote on Social Medias: Social Media are having almost over 400,000,000,000 visitors per day (calculation of all social media). Might be even more. Among them Facebook serves around 2 billion activities everyday so you think how much it can drive traffic. Promote your blog in the Groups, Communities, Pages, and see the change.
1. Header Meta Tags:
It consists of Title tag, meta keyword, meta description and robot access. It’s the most important part of SEO.
2. Use Low Competitive Keywords: In order to stand in the huge crowd. What you need is Low competitive keywords and write post using those keywords so that you may receive maximum coverage.
3. Use Bold/Italics/Underline in the Keywords: Using such styles help to get much attention to those specific keywords not only for humans but also for the search engines. Use those to rank higher in the search engines.
4. Use Internal Links: Internal links are the links which consist in your site, such as your old posts etc. Using internal links helps the search engine bots/crawler to index more and more pages.
5. Use hyphens (-) in Permalinks: In order to make your blog links seo friendly, you need to use hyphens instead of underscore.
6. Use Good Navigation: It’s one of the most important factor of SEO. If possible use breadcrumbs navigation in your site which helps to pass link juice to another page of your site. Also use Related Post widget and also popular post widget. Make sure to properly settle up those Menu in the navigation.
7. Fix all broken links: If you site consists of broken links/invalid pages (404 pages), then either fix it manually else Go to Webmaster Tools -> Crawl -> Crawl errors -> Fix it.
8. First 50 words of your article consists the main optimization: Make sure to add the main keyword followed by the secondary keyword in the first 50 words of your article. It’s important.
9. No-follow all external links: Passing juice to external websites is not good in the eyes of Google. So use no-follow tag in all the external links of your site.
10. Build high quality backlinks: It’s very important in order to rank higher in search engines. Blog Commenting, Guest Posting, etc are some extremely helpful tactics to build quality links.